Who needs school anyway?

Share it Please
Today was a busy busy day for me and my mama.   First, we stopped off and Joann's to see what fabric we could find to make belts for the girl's dresses.  [They're a floral print, so we thought adding some fabric around the waist and tying a bow in the back would dress them up a little bit.] There is a smokey blue color in the dress that would look nice if we brought it out in the guy's ties and the tablecloths.  Who knew matching a particular shade of blue was so darn difficult??  We walked up and down every aisle of that store, and nothing seemed to look right.  So, we started pulling other colors to match the dress, and we found a nice shade of pink that looked great...and green...and ivory...and burnt orange.... basically every color but the one we originally wanted.

Without committing to a particular color, we left the store and went to Party Pro Inc in Riverside to look at linens.   Of course, there was no shade of blue that matched the dress, so we landed on green.  Now, I am a little skeptical of the color choice.  I never would have chosen green for our tablecloths....never ever. But we only have about a month left and decisions must be made!  Fortunately, I have such an intelligent maid of honor.  She suggested renting chair sashes for the girls dresses instead of making/buying belts.  How clever is that??   I tried one on, and surprisingly it looked pretty good.  So I rented all 7 of them for $14!     The consultant was so great, and gave us a great deal.   All of our linens (35 tables), table skirts, sashes and delivery... total cost:  $520.

After that, I went back to Joann's and bought wooden numbers I am going to use for the tables.  My plan is to do a faux crackle paint finish on them to make them look vintage....we shall see how they turn out! Total cost: $45

Mom and I did some shopping after that...and she found her dress!  She is going to look  so beautiful :]

Later, we met with our videographer, Joseph, from Cutting Edge Video.  I can't wait to actually see the video so I can watch Matt and I get married.   It will probably make me cry all over again. :]  Luckily, this cost doesn't come out of the budget.  We originally weren't going to have a videographer, but my mom really wanted one. Total cost: $1000

It was a long day, but very productive :]   Tomorrow, we are going to look at suits for the guys and get our marriage certificate (whoooohooo!), Saturday I am meeting with the florist, and Sunday its pre-marital counseling.  Some where in there I need to write out all of the Thank You cards for my bridal shower guests as well.   Oh yeah, and write a couple papers... :/

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Follow Me!

As you may know, Google connect will not be on blogger for much longer, so PLEASE follow me through Linky Followers!