DIY Central

Share it Please
I have a $10,000 budget for my wedding. Difficult but doable, right? Did I mention how many people we are inviting? Oh, only 200.

It sounds impossible, I know. But I am determined to get creative and handmake what ever I can in hopes of cutting down costs.

My list of DIY projects thus far:



Mismatch plates:


My mom and I have been shopping at different thrift stores in hopes of finding vintage looking china. It will give the look of a vintage backyard wedding and adds a personal touch. Although it is time consuming, it's not much more expensive than renting plates and it's adorable! Total cost: $300


Mismatched Vases:


Along with the plates, I wanted mismatched vases to add a vintage feel. I borrowed a lot of these from my grandma, and the others I got from thrift stores. There will be 3 vases of varying height at each table. Total cost: $60


Favor Bags:


When I saw these posted on Intimate Weddings I knew they were the ones. I liked the neutral colored peony with the neutral burlap, but I decided to add other colors as well, such as pink, yellow and ivory. The price is right with burlap about $2/yard, felt $4/yard, jute twine for $3 a roll and a bag of buttons I got at a flea market for $8. If you are thinking about doing this project, make sure you have a lot of time and a lot of help. It is quite the task. Total cost: $75


Doilies:


I went to the flea market and found tons of doilies for $1-$5 a piece, depending on the size. I will use about 3 at the center of each table to put under the vases. Total cost: $70


Vintage Handkerchiefs:


I also got a couple dozen handkerchiefs that I will hang somewhere for the reception. Total cost: $40


Card Box:


Instead of the traditional card box, I wanted to continue my vintage theme. I found my inspiration from Ruffled Blog. I bought a suitcase at a thrift store for $10, made the letters out of paper that I got from Michaels, my mom had a crocheted runner, and I am going to add a handkerchief that I bought at the flea market. Total cost: $13


Photobooth:


I haven't gotten all of the materials for this yet, but we do have a few props done. I am still looking for the material to make the backdrop (possibly a sheet) and I need to find a way to hang it up. We are thinking about setting up Matt's iMac to take the pictures and we will have the guest write down their email address and photo number so we can email them the photos as well as send them in the Thank you cards. Total cost: hopefully under $50


Guestbook:


Instead of having the traditional guestbook, I love the idea of the thumbprint tree. I haven't bought the materials for this yet either, but all I need is a canvas, some paint and ink pads. Total cost: hopefully under $20



These projects are far from being done, but I am having SO much fun doing them! Praise God that I have amazing friends and family willing to help me out. I hosted a craft party a couple weeks ago, and it was so much fun! Here are a few pictures:









Great work ladies!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Follow Me!

As you may know, Google connect will not be on blogger for much longer, so PLEASE follow me through Linky Followers!